Director - The Artistic Shift,
Chairman- Food Processing Industry
A dynamic third generation entrepreneur, Anand Chordia has successfully restructured a traditional family business into a well known International brand. A Graduate in Botany and Post Graduate in Food Science, Anand is the Director- Technical of Pravin Spices, Suhana. He has brought Innovation and Technology to a traditional spices and pickles business, giving it a prominent place in the Global Market. Anand's vision is to take traditional Indian food to a global food map.
He has been unceasingly working on uplifting MSME's and SME's and raising awareness on Food Safety among Street Food Vendors through the 'Street Smart' programme in association with FSSAI.
Anand has established 'The Eco-Factory Foundation (TEFF)', a non-profit making organization working on providing sustainable solutions to rural and urban India. He has established India’s first ever ‘Waste Management Park; Learning and Awareness Centre’ which trains people about Waste to Wealth Approach. Very impactful and much needed work for sustainable upliftment of farmers livelihood is done through “Sustainable Farming and Rural Entrepreneurship Program”, initiated by Anand at TEFF. TEFF is also a conduit between experts and citizens for learning, sharing and implementation of low cost, effective, urban gardening & urban farming and reduce carbon footprint.
Anand also serves as Director on the board of “The Artistic Shift”- an initiative taken up to conserve, promote and support all forms of arts and at the same time encouraging young artists.
Affiliations and Appointments on Different Boards :
Awards and Accolades :
- Member of Research Council of CSIR Institutes at Johrat, Lucknow & Palampur.
- Chairman- Food Processing Industry, Mahratta Chamber of Commerce Industry & Agriculture (MCCIA).
- CODEX Committee for Standardization of Spices. (Global committee)
- Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS).
- Founder Member- National Agriculture Food Analysis and Research Institute (NAFARI), Pune.
- Industrial Advisory Board of National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management (NIFTEM).
- College Development Commitee SNDT women’s university, MIT-ADT University Pune.
Invitations as Guest of Honour, Influential/Motivational Speaker :
- AIFPA's President's Special Award for the year 2014 by the hands of Mrs. Harsimrat Kaur Badal; Honourable Union Cabinet Minister of Food Processing, Government of India.
- ‘Jayantrao Tilak Award, 2017’ Highest Recognition given by Pune Municipal Corporation for exceptional contribution towards environment.
- 'Entrepreneurial Excellence Award' 2018 by Amity University by the hands of Hon. Ambassador of Romania H.E. Mr. Radu Dobre.
- 'Bhartiya Khadya Shiromani Award, 2016' presented by Council for Traditional Food Research and Bhartiya Dharohar.
- Young Entrepreneur Award, 2016' presented by AFST Delhi.
- 'Warehouse of the Year'- 2018 by Global Logistics Excellence Awards organised by Infinity Expo Pvt. Ltd., in association with CNBC TV18 for creating excellence in the domain of logistics through Eco-friendly structure.
- ‘Platinum Rated Green Building’ recognition for SUHANA Warehouse by Indian Green Building Council.
- Dr. HAB Parpia Food Industry Management Award 2012, presented by AFST, India.
- Great Taste Award 3 Times, UK.
- International Taste and Quality Institute (iTQi) Award, Belgium.
- Rajiv Gandhi Quality Award, 2008.
- Industries Representation to Parliamentary Committee on the need for 'Make in India' on 17th January 2018 in Mumbai.
- Invitation by Ministry of Industries, Govt. of Maharashtra to address young India during 'Balasaheb Thakare Rojgaar Melava', Pune on 16th June 2018.
- Guest of Honour and Influential speaker for the 'Business Conclave' at the 19th World Food Science and Technology Congress- IUFoST 2018 held in Mumbai.
- At IIT Bombay in association with APAARI- Bangkok and NABARD in Mumbai on 6th & 7th December 2018.
- 'Guest of Honor' at the 8th International Food Convention, IFCON 2018 at Mysore from 1215 December 2018.
- Panel Member for CEO Conclave at the 8th International Food Convention, IFCON 2018 at Mysore from 12- 15 December 2018.
- Mentor and Jury member to evaluate Start Up Business Proposals on Food and Agriculture at Pune University on 5th January 2019.
- Keynote speaker for Times NIE Principals Meet 2017-18 to speak on 'Holistic Environmental Learning and Awareness Center through Campus Experience!'
- 'Guest of Honour' at the 2nd SDG- CSR Summit: Strategy of Indian Companies for being Responsible Businesses 2019 at MIT College, Pune on 22nd February 2019.
- At Savitribai Phule Pune University during SAHYOG- Forging Partnership for Development of Innovation and Start Ups, a Conclave on Innovation & Incubation on 8th March 2019.